Rescue Programs Funded by the Joey & Oreo HEAL Fund
♥Every Dog Matters♥ under our ♥Animal Love♥ mission at the H.E.A.L. Foundation, but our focus is on bully and large breeds, specifically middle-aged-to-senior (4+ years of age), dark/brindle/black colored, and bonded dogs.
We provide grants for: spay/neuter programs, medical expenses, rescue and placement of bonded and long-stay shelter dogs (6+months), owner surrender prevention programs, and pet food pantries.
Your organization must meet the following criteria:
• 501(c)(3) tax exemption as defined by the IRS;
• Total revenue of under $200,000 annually;
• No salaries, other compensation, and benefits paid to founder(s) and/or immediate family; and,
• Willing to host an on-site visit by a H.E.A.L Foundation board member.
The first step in applying for a grant is to send us a letter of introduction on your group letterhead and with an original signature by an authorized representative, including:
1. A short history and purpose of your organization;
2. Most recent tax return;
3. Brief description of the project where you would like help; and,
4. The amount of funding you are seeking. Please note we do not give grants in excess of $5,000.
This letter can be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF or Word doc. attachment. We accept Letters of Introduction only in the first month of each calendar quarter (January, April, July, and October). After review, possible grant recipients will receive applications for completion. You will receive a response only if there is a possibility of a grant. We regret that we cannot fund every project submitted. We thank you for your efforts and hard work in caring for the animals. Together we will H.E.A.L!